Thank you for celebrating our 1 year anniversary & helping us fund our new home!
We are celebrating our one year anniversary as of April & have a big announcement: we are moving locations for our headquarters to Henry Saint John & need your help to fund our new home! We will be moving in July 1 but will be spending the next couple months making it a welcoming, safe space for our community. We want to thank the Ithaca Children’s Garden for hosting us this past year! We have been feeding & offering basic necessities to more than 100 families each week since April 2020 but have been wanting to expand. We will have plenty of space which is needed as we’ve grown so much in terms of team members & communities we’re serving & have started many new initiatives in just one year. (See below to learn more about our current & upcoming projects & programs!) To cover all the expenses of the building, we’ll need at least $30K but will have unexpected expenses throughout the year & want to be able to aid as many families as we can & keep expanding our projects.
Consider donating at one of these levels – please indicate your donation is for ‘Celebrating our 1 year anniversary & funding our new home’ when you donate.
A donation of $18 will provide locally sourced produce for one family for a week.
A donation of $60 will provide a gallon milk and a dozen eggs for 20 families.
A donation of $150 will provide cleaning supplies for 30 families at our distribution.
No Más Lágrimas/No More Tears is an Ithaca-based 501(c)3 non-profit, grassroots, community organization which has facilitated weekly free food distributions during this pandemic. We receive food donations from local grocery stores via Friendship Donation Network (FDN) which include bread, pastries, and prepared food. We receive farm fresh produce from local farmers and gardeners.
We appreciate all donations great and small! All donations support our many programs & services:
• Food rescue & pop-up distribution downtown & at West Village
• Free clothing closet & free furniture/housing items (dependent on donations received)
• Youth Programs including “Movie Night,” summer art projects & gallery, summer camp,
• Latino Center Services (Spanish Translation, Advocacy, Representation)
• Food recycling program between communities & counties around Tompkins
• Support for domestic violence survivors & their families, recently incarcerated individuals & their families, families & individuals facing or dealing with homelessness, & those impacted by substance abuse
• Community & holiday celebrations including gifts for youth in the community
• Meals-to-go in partnership with Operation Love
Some of our future programs in development include:
• Café con Leche to cater to Spanish speaking community members
• Antojitos – Latin inspired cooking classes
• Cine con Culture – movie night for adults in the community
• Back to School – providing school supplies (dependent on donations received)
• Latin Heritage Month celebrations including a festival
• Community gardens
• Community donations drive
No Más Lágrimas in Numbers
active team members
free food & basic necessities
farmers and community orgs in collaboration
No Más Lágrimas
in the News!
Check out this feature from Spectrum Local News “No More Tears” in Ithaca Community, Thanks to Volunteers many thanks to Krystal Cole.
Have you considered making a recurring donation?
Recurring donations help us maintain a budget and plan for the future. To make a recurring donation please visit our PayPal account at email@example.com or by clicking on one of the PayPal links on this page.
We accept donations through
Or write us a check and send to: PO Box 814 Ithaca, NY 14851
No Mas Lagrimas is a 501(c)3 non-profit.